Translate

Monday, March 25, 2013

Giraffes and People Eat at the Same Hotel!

I recently heard of a giraffe hotel or manor where guests can eat with the giraffes, while seated at a beautifully-set table. I’m not kidding!

A couple giraffes stop by and stick their long necks through two, open windows and join the guests who are seated at the same table. The giraffes eat from two place settings on one side of the table that they can reach through the open windows.

My husband knows that I like giraffes and sent me the link. I immediately thought, “I’d like to go there!” until I realized it was in another country, on another continent… in Africa, in fact.

Oh well, it was fun to see the pictures and realize that this establishment was created to maintain and preserve a particular type of giraffe from becoming extinct. In fact, a new baby giraffe was born just this month.

Apparently, the man who knows each giraffe by name and is known as a “giraffe whisperer,” much like Monty Roberts, “the horse whisperer,” is also the hotel chef.

All in all, it sounds like a wonderful idea and something fun and novel, at the same time. If I’m ever in the area, I would definitely love to go there and share a meal with the giraffes.

Written during my Practice Writing Group. The word chosen was camel and I chose to write about giraffes, for seven minutes.



1 comment:

  1. Wow Linda, you're really going to town on this blog thing. Have we created a monster?
    I don't think I would like eating with giraffes. I had one try to bite me once.

    ReplyDelete